Last night March 26th the Trafford Liberal Democrats launched their local election campaign for the upcoming local elections on 3rd May 2018.
Below is the ‘at a glance’ summary of the local election 2018 manifesto that was released yesterday:
- Health & Social Care – A commitment to bring services back in-house, reducing health inequalities in the borough and making sure our care homes improve and exceed standards.
- Transport – Creating a full plan to repair our local roads, a commitment to double length trams all day long through the borough and campaigning for improvement to rail services through Trafford.
- Policing & Community – Refocusing our police back towards the communities they serve and refunding and developing effective youth services in Trafford once again.
- Planning & Development – A commitment to brownfield and sustainable developments, raising the affordable housing requirement to 20% for developments over 16 units and reintroduction of local planning boards.
- Environment – A continued focus to further develop our recycling, drive down air pollution and maintain and improve flood defenses through the borough.
- Local Economy & Business – Returning services back in-house from One Trafford, ensure sustainable development and creating a plan of action to help local business through the Brexit storm ahead but ultimately campaign for an Exit from Brexit.
- Education – A commitment to smaller class sizes, supporting local choice in Trafford and encouraging diversity and inclusion.
- Democracy, Tax & Transparency – A commitment to a balanced budget in Trafford, local election proportional representation and an open and honest council.
You can read the full manifesto for yourself by clicking on the link – traffordlibdems.co.uk/manifesto