The human rights act may soon be abolished in the UK since we left the EU well sort off.
Below then are your basic human rights:
- The right to life
- Freedom from torture and degraded treatment
- Freedom from slavery and forced labour
- The right to liberty
- The right to a fair trial
- The right not to be punished for something that wasn’t a crime when you did it
- The right to respect for private and family life
- Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
- Freedom of expression
- Freedom of assembly and association
- The right to marry or form a civil partnership and start a family
- The right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms
- The right to own property
- The right to an education
- The right to participate in free elections
Magna Carta is an interesting read however, some suggest that next to nothing from it applies to today’s laws.
You have more rights than you know, you do not have to give your details to an officer unless you have done something wrong, we suggest though to be nice throughout and explain your rights since it is a fact some (not all) do not know the law fully.
TV licencing people coming to your door, have no power to issue you a police caution, they do this to scare you, and we feel that this should be looked at more closely by police.
We will advise you that you are not obliged to give any details to a TV licence man or women, who work for Capita which is just a private firm trying to make money, money that many people do not have!.
We suggest even then to be nice, always be nice to people, we have seen videos of one man shouting and balling, and swearing, but it did not get him anywhere.
The human rights act as it stands today is there for you, learn about it, understand it, understand what PACE is also, because 99% of the time police will fall back on that, but learn about it, the information is at your finger tips
Whilst we are giving this information, we would like to say you must fully comply with someone in authority, if you have done something wrong then you are always best to come out with the truth, this will help you in the long run, but if you are innocent always stick up for your rights and do not feel intimidated, but “always be nice” it gets results!