After the carnage of March 22 where Kahlid Masood went on the rampage in Westminister in London, killing an officer and two pedestrians, with many fighting for there lives in hospital, security was stepped up all over the country and arrests have been made in connection with the incident
Closer to home Intu Trafford Centre have told us they are changing things, so you may find more security in and around the centre this weekend.
If you see anything suspicious you must ring the anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321 or police on 101 or in an emergency 999, you can also report suspicious activity HERE
Massood pictured below who was shot dead by police was known to have been know by many names and lived in Kent, it is thought he had a violent past.
Detectives are continuing to search a number of addresses linked to the investigation:
A total of 11 people have been arrested as part of this investigation which are listed below:
- 39-year-old woman was arrested at an address in east London on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts. She has since been released on bail until a date in late March.
- 21-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man were arrested at an address in Birmingham.
- 26-year-old woman and three men aged 28, 27 and 26 years old were arrested at a separate address in Birmingham.
All six above were arrested on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts.
- 58-year-old man was also arrested on the morning of Thursday, 23 March at a separate address in Birmingham on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts.
- 27-year-old man was arrested late on Thursday, 23 March at an address in Birmingham and a 35-year-old man was arrested in the early hours of Friday, 24 March at an address in Manchester.
- 32-year-old woman was arrested on the morning of Friday, 24 March at a location in Manchester. All three were arrested on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts
Ten people remain in police custody. Nine were detained under TACT and one was detained under PACE.