Trafford Council has won £120,000 of funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund to give Longford Park a face lift.
A plan was made in partnership with Friends of Longford Park and after a public consultation which will see:
- The refurbishment of the stable block
- Longford Hall footprint and Pets’ Corner
- Food growing and biodiversity enhancements
- Opportunities for training, learning and events
- Improvements to play and sports facilities and modern multi-media interpretation of the park’s heritage and associations with prominent historical figures such as John and Enriqueta Rylands.
Cllr Liz Patel, Trafford Council Executive Member for Culture and Leisure, said:
“It’s great news that this funding has been awarded to Longford Park, rewarding all the effort and commitment shown by the partners involved, especially The Friends of Longford Park. This grant award represents a further boost for Stretford and represents our ‘green and connected’ and ‘health and wellbeing’ corporate priorities in action. We look forward to developing these exciting proposals in more detail with the local community and hopefully securing major, transformative investment for the park as part of the next bid.”