Uncategorized

Firefighters respond quickly after fire from a BBQ spreads to a house in Hale

On Thursday 21 May at 11.13pm, three fire engines from Altrincham and Wythenshawe attended an incident involving a fire in the garden which had spread to a ground floor room of a house in Lilac Road, Hale.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service firefighters used one hose reel and a positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire and were in attendance for around 45 minutes. The cause of the fire is believed to be a barbecue that then spread.

GMFRS Head of Prevention, Area Manager Paul Fearnhead said: “This incident is a timely reminder of how easily a fire can spread.

“Barbecues are a great way to enjoy the hot weather – providing they are used safely. Please remember to always keep a bucket of water close by in case of emergencies, avoid distractions when having barbecues whether that be alcohol, children or pets and lastly always ensure that your barbecue is fully extinguished before leaving it unsupervised.”

For more barbecue fire safety advice please visit our website.

Residents should also take extra care when visiting the moors and near open water. More safety advice can be found on our website.​

Categories: Uncategorized