This new and enchanting experience, which has been carefully risk assessed to be COVID-19 secure, is open from 17 November – 24 December
Sprinkle some magic on the festive season with a visit to The Trafford Centre’s warm and cosy Reindeer Lodge, as you prepare to journey North to meet Father Christmas.
Children will first meet the loveable Norbert, an adorable young reindeer who longs to lead the sleigh on Christmas Eve and wants to share a very magical secret of his own!
Before meeting Santa, children are invited to gather some magical reindeer food and take it home to sprinkle outside on Christmas Eve to help Norbert’s reindeer friends fly the sleigh.
Santa Claus will be waiting in his twinkly, cosy cabin; little ones can approach the front of his sleigh at a safe two-metre distance to say hello and tell him their Christmas wishes, before having their photo taken and receiving a gift.
The experience has been carefully risk assessed and designed in line with COVID-19 safety measures, including hand sanitising stations, maximum capacity limits and regular cleaning of the experience itself. Adults and children over 11 must wear a face covering.
The Reindeer Lodge will open on 17 November and close on 24 December. Find it on the Upper Level next to the Main Dome.
There will also be autism-friendly grotto experiences, featuring smaller groups of visitors, quieter music and specially trained characters.
Tickets must be booked online prior to arrival via the website: https://tickets.eskimojoevents.co.uk/trafford_2020. The experience includes reindeer food to take home and a special gift from Father Christmas.
Zoe Inman, centre director, said: “Here at the centre, we look forward all year to celebrating Christmas traditions with our visitors. We know how special it is for families to meet Father Christmas and share those all-important Christmas wishes. Although the festive season may be a little different this year, we’re so excited to be bringing this charming experience to our littlest visitors and their families, sprinkling a little extra magic on the festive period.”
Tickets are priced at £10.50 per child and £5.50 per adult.
COVID-19 safety measures:
- There will be hand sanitising points situated throughout to keep hands clean. The grotto will also be regularly cleaned.
- Adults and children over 11 must wear a face covering (unless they are exempt).
- The experience has been arranged to be safe and socially distant from other groups; the capacity of the area has been assessed to allow five groups per session.
- Tickets will be sold in bubbles of up to five people and people should only visit with members of their household or bubble. There is a maximum of two adults pe group. If you do wish to bring a sixth person in your group, please contact the customer helpline to arrange.
- Each child will be provided with a sanitised scoop and gift bag to collect their reindeer food. They will move through the area from section to section in a structured format ensuring correct social distancing between family groups, collecting reindeer food as they move through.