Northern is advising customers travelling this Easter bank holiday weekend to check before they travel and be flexible with their journeys.
Trains are expected to be very busy between Friday 15 and Monday 18 April across the Northern network.
In addition, engineering work in the northwest will see some trains replaced by buses, meaning longer travel times on the following routes on Sunday 17 April only:
· Manchester Victoria, Ashton-under-Lyne and Stalybridge.
· Liverpool Lime Street and Huyton until 1300 only
· Liverpool Lime Street and Hunts Cross
· Lancaster and Grange-over-Sands. Arnside and Silverdale stations will be served by a mini-bus service
· Bentham, Lancaster, Morecambe and Heysham Port
· Lancaster, Oxenholme Lake District, Kendal and Windermere.
Chris Jackson, regional director at Northern, said: “We know the bank holiday provides a great opportunity for people to get out, explore, and enjoy all the North of England has to offer.
“We’re doing all we can to prepare for the weekend and are also asking our customers to plan ahead, expect services to be busy, allow extra time for journeys and, where possible, to avoid travelling during the busiest times.”
For full details of Northern’s timetables – and the planned engineering work visit northernrailway.co.uk. Train times can also be checked via National Rail Enquiries.