Every day’s a school day as The Trafford Centre launches its confidence building summer school – aboard a bright yellow American style school bus
Ahead of the back-to-school blitz, kids, teens and even grownups are invited to join in a week of uplifting, educational and fun sessions at The Trafford Centre.
From 29 August – 4 September, a bright yellow American style school bus will pop up outside The Trafford Centre, playing host to a number of fun and interactive sessions delivered by influencers, charities and the centre’s own retailers.
From TikTok dance sessions to anti-bullying talks and confidence-building workshops, the free sessions are designed to inspire, educate and promote positivity as students from across the region prepare to go back to school.
Face of the campaign and actress, Lucy Fallon, has fronted the campaign based on her own experiences of Trolling. Lucy said: “I have my own personal experiences of dealing with online abuse and trolling, so know first-hand how difficult it can be to deal with any form of hate or bullying. I know that for many students, and even their parents, going back to school can be a daunting and anxious time. I therefore think it’s a fantastic idea to spread the message of positivity and confidence and would encourage families to join in the fun!”
The full line-up is available on The Trafford Centre website and includes:
- TikTok talks from local viral sensations Ollie Ball & Jacob Pasquill, and TikTok dance workshops with Laurie Elle (who has over 4million TikTok followers!)
- Body positivity and self-love sessions from The Body Shop
- Interactive science classes with Manchester University
- Fresher pressure and anti-bullying workshops from UA92
- Caring for our planet (while still looking after yourself!) with Lush
- Story time with Waterstones and Green Bean Collection
- Personal safety and expressing our emotions with TDAS
- Confidence building with John Lewis
- Looking after your emotional health with Samaritans
- Art workshops with local artist Caroline Daly
- Loving the skin you’re in with Boots
Sessions are free and there is no need to book in advance – just turn up on the day!
People can find the back-to-school bus in the Summer Social event space, outside the Great Hall, from 29 August – 4 September, 12pm – 6pm daily.